St.Helens R.F.C. - The most successful club of the modern era!
1. St.Helens R.F.C., the most successful club of the modern era, most recently we won the League Leaders Shield and Grand Final in 2014.
2. Saints played in the first ever Rugby League Challenge Cup Final in 1897. Since then, they have played in 19 Finals, lifting the famous trophy on 12 occasions. In 2007, they won the League Leaders Shield, Challenge Cup Final and World Club Challenge. This is unprecedented in our era.
3. St.Helens R.F.C. was founded in 1873, and moved to their previous ground at Knowsley Road in 1890. They were founder members of the breakaway Northern Union in 1895, from which the 13-a-side game we know today evolved. The club moved out of Knowsley Road in Autumn 2010, playing the 2011 Season at Widnes, before moving into their purpose built new stadium at Langtree Park in late 2011.
4. Saints have many current, or former Great Britain/England internationals in their 2015 playing squad: James Roby, Paul Wellens, Jon Wilkin .
On top of this Mose Masoe and Luke Walsh, have gained International Honours.
5. Saints Academy is one of the most famous in the world continuing to produce players who go on to make the First team squad. Current first team regulars Paul Wellens, James Roby, Adam Swift and Jonny Lomax all came through the Academy, and following in their footsteps are players like Mark Percival Greg Richards and Luke Thompson.
6. Some of rugby league's most famous names have played for St.Helens, including Tom van Vollenhoven, Vinty Karalius, Ray French, Alex Murphy, Kel Coslett, Mal Meninga, Paul Newlove, Chris Joynt, Paul Sculthorpe, Jamie Lyon and of course Keiron Cunningham.